Wednesday 23 April 2014

Introduction


A perpetual daydreamer , deep thinker and keen observer seem like the traits in which one should have to write a fairly decent blog.
In polite circles it's often customary to introduce ones self before part taking in conversation there for I fully intend to continue this tradition.
My name is Lee I'm 27 years young , child of the eighties and a soul of yesteryear. I born to both a mother and a father and sharing the limelight with one sister in South Wales in a quaint (ahem) town called Cwmbran roughly translated to "valley of the crow". 
So I guess that makes me welsh and before you ask I don't speak welsh nor do I partake in sexual relations with sheep. I do not condone beastiality in any form although have come across some people which made me seriously question Darwin's theory of evolution so clearly not everyone shares the same opinion as me regarding this issue.
       3 year old me what a scamp
Growing up on a council estate to a relatively normal family of course normality being completely subjective. 
Growing up wasn't a picture of sunshine and rainbows, as far back as I remember I've felt "different" not fitting in unable to process the reasoning for this as a kid it become some what a lonely existence for myself. Coupled with crippling shyness and anxitey I was and in many ways still am the shy little boy in the corner with his hands in his pockets at the party.
                      Age 11
              Age 15

School wasn't exactly an Enid Blyton adventure either. having been servely bullied all through my time at school, mental, verbal and physical. This clearly had a detrimental effect on me. For what is suppose to be a care free time for a kid was plagued with such darkness. 
How exactly do you deal with this , how do you make the pain go away. You develop a some what casual relationship with death and darkness and begin to comtemplate just how easy it would be to make it all end. It wasn't a sudden epiphany which stopped me it was mearly an over welming sense of guilt to those I'd leave behind.
Teachers in school were not exactly an inspiration force in my life. Not once was I told I showed any sense of potential, intellect or even a future. I left school completely broken both mentally and physically it took a long time to put the pieces back together.
 Slowly but surely I began to rebuilding myself. Getting a diagnosis of Asperger's and bi polar as well medication for my mental health problems allowed me to see the world in a new light. Finding my place in the world entering the world of work treading the merky waters of retail lacking empathy was a recurring theme. After a particular bad bout of depression recognising once again that flirtation with darkness and after having surgery I decided that I needed to take time for my self and recover.
During which time I discovered my love and some say my talent for gardening starting small herbs and hanging baskets 
                Herb Garden
        Some hanging baskets
Growing vegetables has always been part of family life and both sets of grandparents. 
Grandad sitting at his cold frame 
Due to circumstances it had taken a back seat for a few years but I reignited the spark. I began to some what obsessively began collect and absorbing gardening books gaining more knowledge as I progressed.
That September I enrolled into college to study horticulture the content of the course was somewhat basic but it only made me more determined to learn more going back to college gave me new sense of pride and confidence. After completion of the course I still wanted more so I then came to the decision to study environmental conservation a chance to be outdoors improving my skills and knowledge.  
The class comprised of an eclectic group of misfits, it was here that I met two of my best friends Sam Golding and Angie Eaves. without question Sam  Golding changed my life. I wouldn't be the person I am today without her in my life. A stunningly beautiful redhead woman radiating such wonderful energy of strength love and compassion. I didn't just find a friend I found a sister and a soulmate. I feel the two of us have been able to use The connection we have together as inspiration to make us realise we can achieve anything you want,  nothing is truly unattainable.
It was around this time that I first acquired my allotment, this further fuelled my passion and love for gardening and grow my own vegetables. I shall be discussing my allotment adventures in additional posts so I won't go into full detail here.
 So here we come full circle here I am 27 years young and it my time to shine. I hope you enjoy reading what I have to write and take away from it a little bit of my love and passion for gardening and the great outdoors.


Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment